Foster Care Caseworker
Children’s Home of York is seeking applicants for a full-time permanency caseworker for foster care.
The Children’s Home of York was established in 1865 to provide services to the orphans of the York County community and we continue to be unwavering in our commitment to improving the lives of children and their families through support, guidance, and education. We are fully licensed and accredited agency. The Children’s Home of York provides permanency services to Pennsylvania, maintains residential treatment and independent living programs and other services that directly affect the lives of children for the better. Our mission is to empower children to thrive, strengthen families, and enrich communities.
FOSTER CARE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with all Agency and Program policies, procedures, and protocols in a professional and ethical manner.
- Includes the entire policies and procedures manual.
- Includes all policies in the employee handbook
- Provide case management and advocacy services including placement, supervision, support, guidance, counseling, and therapeutic interventions for program youth, their families, and resource families.
- Bringing clients into appropriate service
- Developing the ISP
- Brokering services
- Living by the ISP
- Level of supervision and support to the clients and Resource Families
- Receives referrals made to the program and assists with determining appropriate resource family matches.
- Rotating receiving referrals – the intake phone, being there when you need to be
- Giving quick and accurate answers
- Facilitating the referral with both match and placement
- Prepares and completes required reports and documentation, maintains files and records, and performs other required administrative tasks assigned.
- ISP, Quarterly Program Report, Home Visit Notes, Admission Checklist, Peer Review Checklist, Admission and discharge forms, and respite sheets.
- Timely completion of the above
- Accurate completion of the above
- Files kept up to date
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with the referral providers, inter-agency members, resource families, and the community.
- Maintains a professional relationship and rapport with other team members, referral sources, Resource Families, client families, and community resources.
- Is alert to complaints
- Takes corrective action when needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to intermittently stand and sit.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying as required.
- Must be able to describe and articulate events in both written and spoken English.
- Must be able to read and comprehend reports written in English.
- Ability to provide awake supervision of clients at all times.
- Ability to provide vehicular transportation of clients.
- Has the mental and emotional capacity to work in a highly stressful environment.
- Maintains a flexible schedule for appointments and on-call duties.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Successful completion of Caseworker Trainee training and orientation, or 1 year of caseworker experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 21 years of age or older
- All required clearances
- Be sensitive to and comfortable with working in an agency that provides psychiatric residential treatment services to a culturally diverse population.
- *$500.00 sign on bonus, if eligibility requirements are met
- Free medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee coverage
- Free life and accidental death insurance and long-term disability coverage
- 403B Retirement plan with 5% employer contribution after one year
- On-the-job Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off benefits