The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives
- Have knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems
- Oversee parking lot lights, install and repair lamps
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain proper function in the facility.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical troubleshooting.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance and turn in all paperwork to the Facilities Manager
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communicate Proficiency
- Results Driven
Required Education and Experience
- Highs school diploma/GED and at least 5 years experience in the maintenance field
- Complies with all Agency and Program policies, procedures, and protocols in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assists with routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance of all Agency facilities and vehicles.
- Assists Facilities Manager with ensuring Agency-wide compliance of all local, state, and federal regulations, Council on Accreditation standards, and licensing requirements with regards to facilities.
- Supports appropriate communication between the Facilities department and Agency staff, administration, and outside vendors.
- Provides facilities support to Agency departments and programs as needed.
- Completes other related tasks as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to intermittently stand and sit.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying as required.
- Must be able to describe and articulate events in both written and spoken English.
- Must be able to read and comprehend reports written in English.
- Ability to provide vehicular transportation.
- Has the mental and emotional capacity to work in a highly stressful environment.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and technology to complete tasks.
- High school diploma required.
- Experience working with electrical repair, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry required.
- Experience working with subcontractors preferred.
- Excellent driving record; dependable transportation
- Available for emergency call-in work
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- 21 years of age or older
- All required clearances
- Be sensitive to and comfortable with working in an agency that provides psychiatric residential treatment services to a culturally diverse population.
- Must be physically capable of repeated strenuous activity in all weather conditions and be comfortable working at heights and/or on ladders