Children’s Home BRIDGES™ is Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) providing
stabilization and treatment for children and adolescents who are experiencing severe psychiatric
symptoms and emotional disturbance. The Program operates year-round and consists of
highly-structured therapy and offers scholastic education in cooperation with the licensed staff of
the Lincoln Intermediate Unit No. 12.
BRIDGES™ uses the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Health Choices Behavioral Health Services Guidelines for Mental Health Medical Necessity Criteria to determine appropriateness of referrals and admissions.
Our clients have the following criteria:
● Males and females in grades 1st through 12th
● Exhibit behaviors that indicate a risk for unsafe actions toward self or others
● Decreased functioning for their developmental level such that the behavioral disturbance requires regular observation and treatment but does not require
24-hour supervision are appropriate candidates for referral.
Our Professional Team
The Bridges ™ professional team consists of :
• Master level Social Worker
• Licensed Social Worker
• Master Level Clinician
• Bachelor’s Level Therapists
• Licensed Practical Nurse
• Lincoln Intermediate Until No. 12 Certified Special Education Teachers and Teacher Assistants
Partial hospitalization must be recommended as the most clinically appropriate and least restrictive service available for the client referred to the BRIDGES™ Program.
In addition, the referred individual must demonstrate severe symptoms
(problematic behavior and/or severe functional impairment)
in one or more of the following areas:
Suicidal or homicidal ideation,
Impulsivity and/or aggressive behavior,
Psycho physiological condition (i.e. bulimia, anorexia nervosa),
Psychosocial functional impairment,
Thought impairment or cognitive impairment (other than Intellectual disability).
Referral to the Program can be considered for the following:
A step-down from acute, inpatient hospitalization or to avoid
admission to or as a step down from a Residential Treatment Facility (RTF).
• Individual, Group, and Family Therapy
• Medication Management
• Individualized Mental Health Treatment Plan
• Individualized Education Plan
• Biopsychosocial Assessment
• Psychiatric Evaluation & Collaboration Case Management
• Specialized Evaluations Based on Need
• Coordination of Care
• Community Outreach
• Participation in Riker’s Education Program
For more information or referrals, Contact BRIDGES@choyork.org or 717-718-1890
We are located at :
301 East Philadelphia Street.,York, PA 17403